Tuesday, January 22, 2008

radmul is one strange dude

Today I have been watching the meltdown of the global markets. The MLK closure left us on the sidelines while the rest of the world decided we were boned and that while they were great places to live the failing of our shoppers to buy crap might effect them. The fed did what it does and protected the rich stealing from the poor 3/4 of an interest point and prevented a crash A good thing In my opinion but I am a pussy. what we should do if we are going to claim to favor markets is let the chips fall were they may but this would be pretty harsh and only the Ron Paul republicans and the Libertarian crazies are for that. Objectivism appeals to a segment of the privileged elite but in the end what will happen is a lot of poor folks will have there entire lives destroyed and the well off will have to tighten their belts for a while but they will move eventually to the next scam in a few years and be fine. What is my point you ask? Way to be a bummer captain bring down. The thing that makes me question my own sanity is that the thought occurred to me that the actor may have been killed to change the subject in the news cycle. I am not the only cynical person out there but this bothers me. Why does this sound plausible and Why did I go there so soon? Is this the new wag the dog?

No comments: