Tuesday, May 8, 2012

8th Month moment

Today we start our eighth month by the side of the road. There are a lot fewer of us and those that are left are a little crazier. A typical day has become the police arriving after a conflict too late to do anything but stir the pot. The mentally challenged contingent strolled in and out screaming obscenities and throwing cigarette butts everywhere. A part time occupier came by to explain to me what we were doing wrong. She didn't care for the, "idlers" on the grass. The occupy movement was too important to let the drug addicts and bums detract from the message. I would like it if everyone down on the curb with me was an activist committed to social justice but that isn't the case. I have as my comrades the disabled like myself, the addicted and the afflicted. The nice clean middle class folks all went back to their normal lives and their dry homes. We are a leaderless movement but it would seem that I am in charge. People come to me to get what they want from us as if I had some power to alter reality. I lead by example. I try to show people rather then tell people how to create the world in which I want to live.
I ask people I don't issue edicts. I will say it again, if you don't like what is happening come down to the courthouse and help me fix it. Help me pick up the trash and stop the fights. I don't give a flying fuck how they did it in Washington in a park with permission or on a college campus with no police arresting people because it doesn't work the same way on the courthouse lawn. What you want will not become reality if you do not put forth the effort in the form being there.

No comments: