Saturday, July 5, 2008

Foggy Fourth

Have been feeling decidedly horrible since the Grizzly Creek ride with sore throat and burnt lungs so not much to report. The 4th of July was rather uneventful, it is one of the holidays that I enjoy as it is secular in nature and is supposed to be about freedom. "When in the course of HUMAN EVENTS", and all that. Also I love to blow things up and watch fireworks. I know it is a horrible waste but I still enjoy the big shows even when the fog blots out most of the patterns. The waterfront show was almost canceled for lack of a sponsor and the weather screwed with the show that did happen. It was loud and wet and the sky blurred with vibrant colors to the mixed oohs and ahhs of the crowd. It reminded me of the shock and awe videos from CNN as I shot some video. Of course the result was much more pleasant and as far as I know we all got home just fine unlike that other disaster we call the Iraq war. Hope you enjoyed your freedom day celebrations whatever the form.

No comments: